Thread: skinny cello bags

Swapper

skinny cello bags

need some ideas to decorate these bags with. want to fill them with M&M's for halloween..any ideas would be appreciated. thanks.

Are you talking about the 3 x 5 bags in the catty, or the super skinny ones that hold a stack of M&Ms, tall and skinny like a pencil.

For the 3x5, a great way to do it is with the top note die cut. Fold it one way for a wider bag topper, fold it the other way for a smaller bag topper. For the super super skinny ones I imagine you could use the curly label punch the same way, or many other punches. Scallop square, scallop circle, designer label, round tab punch etc. Then decorate with the bat punch, make a ghost with the owl punch (upside down and cut off the feet) etc. I don't do halloween, but there are lots of examples for decorating in the gallery, just search halloween. That's where I saw the ghost from the owl punch.
    Deb
    Sha'alu Shalom Yerushalayim ~ Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
    Prayers and Blessings for all our troops, and their families!!
    Debadoo is Addict #42 (and I love that it rhymes). lol

Swapper
    thanks...it's the skinny ones that i'm doing....

I've just made them with a topper but couldn't find any pics sorry. You could also make a belly band decoration for them.

I don't know if these are the ones you're talking about (1x8), but this is what I'm doing with ones that size...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skinny cello bags-img_1657.jpg   skinny cello bags-img_1651.jpg   skinny cello bags-img_1654.jpg   skinny cello bags-img_1652.jpg  
    Christel
    My New Blog

Swapper
    thanks for all your inputs.

I was trying to find this thread a week or so ago. I just made some up but I don't think I've taken pictures yet. When I do, I will post them. I used the curly label punch and the new Decorative Label punch from the mini on some. The ones that I made for my boutique that *flew* out of there used the Owl punch. Perfect with the fall M&Ms.
    Paula - Or Palua to my SA Sistahs!
    My Blog
    "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right . . . and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."— Marilyn Monroe

Where is everyone getting these skinny bags? I can't find them or the glass/plastic tubes.
    Kathleen
    Proud US Army Wife, SAHM of 3, and SU! Demo
    "Live, Love & STAMP"
    www.fastamper.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by fa_stamper View Post
    Where is everyone getting these skinny bags? I can't find them or the glass/plastic tubes.
    I got mine here. They shipped fast and were a great deal. I've heard that if you order over a certain amount clearbags.com would be cheaper, but I think you have to order a decent amount before that happens. I have heard that the shipping on small orders at clearbags is high.
    Last edited by CAmomof2; 09-21-2010 at 10:15 PM.
    Christel
    My New Blog

Those are really cute Christel. Can't wait to see yours Paula!! Particularly with the owl punch. How much did you sell them for??
    Deb

Quote Originally Posted by Debadoo View Post
    Those are really cute Christel. Can't wait to see yours Paula!! Particularly with the owl punch. How much did you sell them for??
    Thanks for the compliment Deb. I have not sold mine, if I was going to I would probably go with $1.50 or 4/$5.00. I got the idea for these from Beth (kaitysmom), you can see her blog here. There is a thread about these over on SCS. They are super easy to put together and everyone who has seen them thinks they are just the cutest thing ever. I will definitely be ordering more with friends soon.
    Christel
    My New Blog

I sold them for $1.00. There is less than $.25 in product and M&M's in them and they went together super fast. I'm offering at my next class for $.75. I'm taking pictures of everything today and will post pictures then.
    My Blog
    "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right . . . and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."— Marilyn Monroe

Here's the pictures I promised. The first one is the assortment of different ones I've made. Then there is the close up of the owl. To do that one, I punched 2 owl bodies and put one on the front and one on the back.

The ones with the label punches, I just punched a folded piece of paper out to make a topper. Make sense?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skinny cello bags-img_4775.jpg   skinny cello bags-owl-mm.jpg  
    My Blog

Stampin', Swappin' Bunny rhondag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapshappen View Post
    Here's the pictures I promised. The first one is the assortment of different ones I've made. Then there is the close up of the owl. To do that one, I punched 2 owl bodies and put one on the front and one on the back.

The ones with the label punches, I just punched a folded piece of paper out to make a topper. Make sense?
    LOVE Frankie!

Thanks for the cost breakdown too!

TFS your super cute creations Christel and Paula!
    Last edited by rhondag; 09-22-2010 at 03:35 PM.
    -an original SA girlie Oklahoma State Cowboys!
    The Stampin' Bunny blog updated on even numbered days with a card or project.

Squeal!! Those are just too cute!! I don't do halloween, but that mini Frankie is just too cute. Thanks so much for the pics.
    Deb

Paula,

So, you're selling them completed for 75¢ or the parts to make them for that price? I know it's not a lot of $$ invested in them, but there is the time factor. I will make them as gifts for my class and club members, but it just seems like 75¢ is selling yourself short. By the way, they are super adorable!
    Christel
    My New Blog

Quote Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
    Paula,

So, you're selling them completed for 75¢ or the parts to make them for that price? I know it's not a lot of $$ invested in them, but there is the time factor. I will make them as gifts for my class and club members, but it just seems like 75¢ is selling yourself short. By the way, they are super adorable!
    Thanks!

$.75 is the price for my customers to make them at my stampin' buffet. They won't take much prep because I'll have them do all the punching and putting together. I sold them for $1.00 when I premade them because I made about 20 in one hours time.

The bags were $.03 a piece (I'm sure I paid a little for shipping on them too, but I bought a bunch of different sizes at once and a friend mailed them to me at USPS rates.) There are about $.15 in M&M's in each bag. I just used scraps for the toppers. So less than $.25 each in product. I usually double the price for my classes (this case I tripled) and then add some extra when I sell them for my time.
    Last edited by scrapshappen; 09-22-2010 at 06:54 PM.
    My Blog

Thanks!

$.75 is the price for my customers to make them at my stampin' buffet. They won't take much prep because I'll have them do all the punching and putting together. I sold them for $1.00 when I premade them because I made about 20 in one hours time.

The bags were $.03 a piece (I'm sure I paid a little for shipping on them too, but I bought a bunch of different sizes at once and a friend mailed them to me at USPS rates.) There are about $.15 in M&M's in each bag. I just used scraps for the toppers. So less than $.25 each in product. I usually double the price for my classes (this case I tripled) and then add some extra when I sell them for my time.
    Paula,

That makes perfect sense now. I was just wondering how you could make them and sell them for only 75¢, even if your costs were low. I'm putting some together tonight for my son's class, it's his birthday tomorrow. Let me tell you, they are a labor of love.
    Last edited by CAmomof2; 09-22-2010 at 08:30 PM.
    Christel
    My New Blog

Aww, how cute! Thanks for the ideas, Christel and Paula!